Kindred spirits living 4,166.94 miles apart. Each spending their days in the simplicity of life. Wives and mothers in love with their family. Each with a passion for photography. Not just any photography but life photography. They do not work with fancy backdrops and artificial posing. They simply capture their day as it unfolds. Natural lighting, beautiful messy faces of a child, dirty counters, amazing sunsets, smudged windows and life adventures. Family and friendship. Here you will have the opportunity to peek into the lives of these two seelenschwesters. Enjoy~

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day Two of Thankfulness

I sure have missed doing this daily, I will be honest, I need this to make me more disciplined.  It makes me pick up my camera more, see more in more things, and to look at simple things from several different angles, which is something that should be done in all areas of life I think.  This morning was a typical fall morning here in Der Vaterland, cold, damp, foggy, grey... ( but when the sun broke through the fog through the fall trees later in the morning it was breathtaking!  WHY did I ignore my gut to grab the camera before I left, WHYYYYYY?! )  When taking the kids to the car I noticed my favorite thing about these dark dreary mornings, the spiderwebs! They are just breathtaking.  When you drive past fields and all you can see are the perfectly dew kissed webs blowing in the stalks and stems and branches, I just love it.  I am not afraid of spiders, just not one to grab one to hold, that being said, I think they are amazing and I could watch them all day.  The way they can make something so amazing, strong, and thin at the same time... well, I could learn a little something from those little creatures.

1 comment:

Catherine Anne said...

My parents have a spider that has lived out their door for three months now. They just sit and watch him. I remember doing so many things like this with them when I was little. That has to be one of the huge reasons I love the little things. Thanks you to my parents. Loved this photo. Awesome~