Kindred spirits living 4,166.94 miles apart. Each spending their days in the simplicity of life. Wives and mothers in love with their family. Each with a passion for photography. Not just any photography but life photography. They do not work with fancy backdrops and artificial posing. They simply capture their day as it unfolds. Natural lighting, beautiful messy faces of a child, dirty counters, amazing sunsets, smudged windows and life adventures. Family and friendship. Here you will have the opportunity to peek into the lives of these two seelenschwesters. Enjoy~

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blue and Green~

Colors of the rainbow~
Finishing the week with blue and green.

Blue glass birds will always remind me of my Aunt Holly.  I know that this is not the last you will hear of her from me.  She is the one who taught me to walk when I was young, I took my first steps with her.  To this day, she has taught me to walk down a different path.  She has always been someone I look up to and admire.  She inspired me in so many ways on my journey of motherhood and finding me.  I love her more than words and can't thank God enough for the love, light, laughter and beauty she has brought to my life.  

I Rove Ew Horry
~Leah Garland









Blue sky, Green grass, Light cotton tee, Garden dirt, Church shoes, Cloth diaper, Laughter and you! 
You brighten all my days.

 The green in this photograph symbolizes growth, health, abundance, balance and harmony.
This  refreshing color is a symbol of spring and renewal of life.
The blue symbolizes peace, tranquility and stability.
It also stands for loyalty and trust.
 ~ Catherine Anne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Leah, I just now read this! First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the birds and I want them for myself (of course! right?) Second, our bond is one of the greatest delights of my life and I, too, am so thankful for the providence of a God who would so creatively place me last in my family so I could end up being so close in age to you! I love living vicariously through your pictures and your experience of life on the other side of the world. Please keep the beauty and the love flowing. Let us not lose our desire to see the beauty and the mystery of this life...every.single.day.
I love you!!!!

Seelenschwester said...

I love you Holly!

Catherine Anne said...

You girls have something wonderful! A God gift! Love your post and photograph, dear!