Kindred spirits living 4,166.94 miles apart. Each spending their days in the simplicity of life. Wives and mothers in love with their family. Each with a passion for photography. Not just any photography but life photography. They do not work with fancy backdrops and artificial posing. They simply capture their day as it unfolds. Natural lighting, beautiful messy faces of a child, dirty counters, amazing sunsets, smudged windows and life adventures. Family and friendship. Here you will have the opportunity to peek into the lives of these two seelenschwesters. Enjoy~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exploring Orange~

Colors of the Rainbow
In this photograph I captured the snare drum that hangs on our wall. It is not just a drum, it is an object filled with memories. Memories that date back three generations. This is a drum used by my father-in-law, later by my husband and now by our son. When I look at this drum I can still see our Little Man sitting in the floor around the age of two, creating his first rhythm. The color orange also has many meanings. The few I see here in this photograph are energy, wisdom, thoughtful, controlled. and creativity. ~Catherine Anne

There is something about that certain time of day, the time which the sun casts its warm orange glow on all that it touches.  Not only does it warm my skin, but it energizes my soul.  It encourages me to start my day off with happiness, and in the evening, to revel on the days events and to re-center myself for what its warm blaze will bring in it's morning light.  It reminds me that each day I wake with the certainty of the unknown memories that are bound to occur in it's revered light. ~ Leah Garland

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your posts-- they just make me smile. Always so much beauty in your life.

Yes, orange is wonderful-- it also makes me think of scenes, like firework skies, sunsets, fields of poppies, pumpkin harvests... I do *love* color. And I love your memories of the little drum. So precious.

Seelenschwester said...

Precious! I love when our children grow with something we and our parents did.

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you Wendy and Leah!
Wendy, I also think of the beautiful list you have here!

Catherine Anne said...

BEAUTIFUL, Leah!