Kindred spirits living 4,166.94 miles apart. Each spending their days in the simplicity of life. Wives and mothers in love with their family. Each with a passion for photography. Not just any photography but life photography. They do not work with fancy backdrops and artificial posing. They simply capture their day as it unfolds. Natural lighting, beautiful messy faces of a child, dirty counters, amazing sunsets, smudged windows and life adventures. Family and friendship. Here you will have the opportunity to peek into the lives of these two seelenschwesters. Enjoy~

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset....


          “The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.”
John Muir quote
Every morning when I bask in the new days light, I think of all my family and loved ones on the other side of the world, turning off their lights, turning down their covers, and sleeping under the light of the moon I myself just said good morning too. ~Leah Garland

                                                                                                        ~Catheirne Anne

2 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

Leah, This photograph is wonderful. I had no idea this would be your sunrise. Better than I could have thought up!

StoicBirth said...

Thank you! To be totally candid, ( HAHA) I had high hopes of waking up early and catching it as it was in full color and coming over the hill and houses... yeah we woke up late and it was well in the morning sky. Then I remembered I have a seven minute window that it hits me RIGHT in the face in bed and it was about to strike, so I struck while the iron was hot :) NOTHING makes me happier when I wake up in those seven minutes that is makes my face warm and eyelids glow.